International Student Program
We are excited for you to join the King’s Way family, a wonderful campus home away from home.
Welcome to King’s Way’s INternational Student Program!
King’s Way Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school located in beautiful Vancouver, Washington just 15 minutes from the Portland International Airport. Serving High School students from around the world for over a decade, King’s Ways offers AP (Advanced Placement) courses, concurrent college credits, competitive athletics, and other activities.
What makes our school different? King’s Way is not just an education, it’s an all-American inclusive experience! Along with classes and rigorous academic standards, King’s Way has campus community that foster friendships and ushers one another toward success. While students will be fully immersed into American life with their host family, but King’s Way also provides monthly outings to events in and around town, such as: attending an NBA game, exploring the corn maze at the pumpkin patch, Thanksgiving dinner at the Principal’s home, and Zoo Lights at the Portland Zoo.
- Tuition Rate & Fees
- $17,920 Annual Tuition
- $50 application fee (non-refundable)
- Additional Costs
- Medical Insurance (Agency provided)
- Host family stipend and Agency fees where applicable.
- Textbooks/ebooks and course fees
- School supplies and lunch
- Included in Tuition
- Use of a laptop for the year
- 2nd-4th Year students receive up to 30 hours of professional tutoring
- 1st year students take a daily tutoring class with the International Student Coordinator.
- Monthly cultural outings
- ASB and co-curricular activities such as dances, home-games admission, and rooter bus
- Sports Fees (up to 3 athletic sports per year)
Also, our graduates are going on to many prestigious American universities.
# Of Countries
Year Program Began
Int'l Students To Date
International Student Admissions Checklist
Placement in the program is limited and not all applicants will be accepted. Open enrollment for the school year begins on February 3, 2020. Priority will be given in the order applications are received. Please review the following admissions requirements.
- School Application (link to instructions)
- English Proficiency Test: TOEFL Jr. score of 750 or more.
- Transcript of high school courses completed
- Current school progress report
- One page student essay answering the questioning: “Why I would like to attend King’s Way and what I would to contribute.”
Items 2-5 should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After acceptance, we will need a copy of the student’s passport and an immunization form.
TUITION AND FEES
|Application Fee||$ 50|
|To be paid when the school application is submitted. Must be received before the I-20 is mailed. The application fee is non-refundable.|
|The deposit holds the spot of the student and is applied toward tuition. The deposit is needed before the I-20 is issued and is non-refundable.|
|International student tuition includes the $1,000 deposit Includes elective class fees and other miscellaneous activity fees.|
|Total school year tuition and fees payable to King’s Way Christian Schools||$17,970|
|Housing, health insurance, student travel expenses, spending money, sports participation fees, government fees, and other expenses not stated above are the responsibility of the student.|
HOST FAMILIES NEEDED
If you are looking for the opportunity to host an international student, please contact Aaron Wilder, email@example.com.
The following agencies can be contacted for application, host family, and other assistance throughout the process. CSIET-listed agencies:
- Private School Exchange (website: www.pse-edu.org) – If you are interested in applying through PSE for international admission, please contact Private School Exchange at 503.222.9803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AmeriStudent (website: www.ameristudent.com) – If you are interested in applying through AmeriStudent, please contact Eric Jan with AmeriStudent at 877.385.8425 or eric@
- If you are interested in applying through Greenheart Exchange (website: www.greenheartexchange.org) 1.360.213.5132 or Kristin Babby at email@example.com Toll Free: 1.855.722.2094
The Vancouver & Portland are area are packed full of exciting activities, various cuisine, and breathtaking views.
College Bound Resources
BY THE TIME STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM OUR HIGH SCHOOL THEY ARE BETTER EQUIPPED FOR THE CHALLENGES THAT LIE AHEAD OF THEM BE THOSE IN UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE, TRADE SCHOOL, CAREER, OR MILITARY SERVICE.
They not only have developed a solid academic foundation; they have developed their faith and sense of purpose through relationships established with teachers, coaches, staff and peers. Here are some resources to help you with the decision process of which college is best for you.